2020 is a great year to be an outdoor enthusiast and advocate. With the Governor’s “Restore Mother Nature” initiative, we certainly have our work cut out for us this year.
We think your voice is an important one to have heard by our elected representatives. I hope you’ll join us on March 16, 2020 for Trails Advocacy Day in Albany, NY. The firsthand knowledge and experience that trails advocates such as yourself have to offer will be critical when we meet with elected officials and speak about the positive impact that trails have on economic development and tourism, businesses, health, and the environment.
REGISTER HERE: https://ptny.wufoo.com/forms/mmvl8sh11qont
The State Greenways Plan is in motion, and the Empire State Trail is set for completion this year. There’s so many great opportunities that can enhance the work that we currently do, and provide a solid foundation for the work that we hope to accomplish in the future. That being said, we should work collaboratively to reach these objectives.
Our advocacy efforts this year will push to:
- Dedicate state funding for maintaining, enhancing and expanding the state trail network and strengthening on- and off-road connections between trails and communities.
- Legalize pedal-assist electronic bikes, allowing bicycling to be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities.
- Support funding for the Long Island Greenway, extending the Empire State Trail to serve an additional seven million New Yorkers.
- Institute carry-on bicycle service on all New York Amtrak routes, supporting trail-related tourism on the Empire State Trail.
- Expand the adoption of complete streets policies and further their incorporation into transportation planning, including by closing loopholes in existing law.
Albany Room of the Empire State Plaza Concourse.
Visits with legislators will take place from 12:30 to 4:00 that afternoon.
For more information about the day, please visit our website.
Call (518) 434-1583
Email [email protected]