Purpose: Tourism professionals, business owners, municipal officials, and cyclists are invited to join local and statewide advocates for a discussion on ways to attract cyclists to communities, as well as focusing on how your business and community can market to, and profit from, future cycling tourists.
Conference Hosts: WCSQBO, Parks & Trails New York (PTNY), and Warren County Tourism, are working collaboratively to bring this important conference to our area.
Conference Dates: Tuesday, September 10th, from 6:30-8:30 pm will welcome guests with speakers and a roundtable discussion. Wednesday, September 11th, there will be a 2-3 hour guided bicycle tour around the area, followed by a wrap up lunch at a downtown restaurant.
Conference Location: The evening conference will start at the Queensbury Hotel. The morning bike ride will focus on the Warren County Bikeway, Feeder Canal, and the Champlain Canal Project. Lunch on Wednesday will be at a restaurant in Glens Falls.
Conference Topics for Discussion: (From previous PTNY BBB Conferences)
• share/distribute information about benefits of bicycle tourism via meetings, signage, maps, brochures, public education among business owners, tourism offices, and nearby attractions.
• focus on services that are particularly important to bicyclists, such as lodging and campsites, local maps, transport of luggage, bicycle repairs and bicycle security
• link local trails into a larger network of potential users
• promote local events and bicycle-friendliness on web and elsewhere
• anticipate issues that may arise, such as trail appropriateness for bicycles and conflicts with walkers and motorized vehicles
• modest investments can result in a substantial boost for tourism
For more information: www.ptny.org/events/bicyclists-bring-business
MARK YOUR CALENDAR … SAVE THE DATES … … Support our goal to make “WARREN COUNTY A DESTINATION FOR BICYCLISTS“