- Adirondack Sports Weekly
- Outside Online
- Country Living Magazine: A New East Coast Bike Trail Will Stretch 3,000 Miles From Maine to Florida
- Rydoze Cycling Information
- RideOn! Warren County MTB Trail Guide 2019-2020
- The Hub: Cafe and Bike Repair
- Grey Ghost Bicycles
- High Peaks Cyclery
- Rick’s Bike Shop
- Inside Edge Bike Shop
- Evergreen Bike Works
- Mohawk-Hudson Cycling Club
- Warren Active Recreation Trail Alliance
- Adirondack EZ Riders (Seniors)
RETRO BIKE GROUP:
- Boels Dolmans Cycling Team : Megan Guarnier, Boels Dolmans Cycling Team Member, originally from Queensbury.
- Visit the Lake George Area. Warren County Tourism Department
- Adirondack North Country Association : Bike the Barns
- Friends Of Queensbury Spartans
- Differently Enabled Children
- Lake Champlain Bikeways, contact Douglas Yu, [email protected] for information
- Access the Adirondacks
- Feeder Canal Alliance
- Parks & Trails New York
- Visit the Adirondacks
- Friends of Moreau State Park
- New York Bicycling Coalition
- Live, Work and Play – A NYS Department of Health program to promote healthy lifestyles through exercise and good nutrition, with which WCSQBO works closely. It is managed by the Health Promotion Center of Glens Falls Hospital.
- Rails to Trails Conservancy – Creating a nationwide network of trails from former rail lines and connecting corridors to build healthier places for healthier people.
- War Trails Alliance of WCSQBO: [email protected]
- World-wide choices – http://opencolleges.edu.au/careers/blog/Places-to-ride-your-bike-trail-cycling-holidays
- Bike Index: Register your bike for free–keep it safe from thieves
- Bike Index Ambassador: https://bikeindex.org/ambassadors_how_to
- Bike travel & safety – http://www.homeadvisor.com/r/bike-commuting-safety-tips/
- London, England: https://www.thebikestoragecompany.co.uk
- UK Safe Bicycling Guide
- Via Salt Lake City (specific Portland, OR) – https://www.highrises.com/cycling-in-portland-and-general-biking-tips.php
Publications for Download
Part of our ongoing mission is to “continuously monitor and evaluate cycling conditions within the County and periodically develop maps to assist both recreational cyclists and cycling commuters.”
- Warren County Bike Rides – Detailed maps of the best rides in Warren County (PDF)
- Three Lakes Ride – Brochure with map featuring a ride around several lakes in Chester and Horicon
- WCSQBO Mountain Biking Trails (PDF) – Booklet describing MTB opportunities
- https://agftc.org/publications/regional-bicycle-map/ issued by Adirondack/Glens Falls Transportation Council (our regional transportation planning organization – download their .PDF).
- Getting the Wheels Rolling: A Guide to Using Policy to Create Bicycle-Friendly Communities, by ChangeLab Solutions.
- How to Increase Cycling for Daily Travel, by Rutgers University. Includes valuable statistics that help make the case for bicycling for health benefits.
- How to Ride Safely (video series), by the Bike League of America.
- https://www.rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com/bike-safety-avoiding-injuries-on-your-bike-commute.html – a useful guide for avoiding bike injuries.