After you finish each ride, add your completion date to the chart. After completing 8 rides (road rides, off-road rides tor combination of both), send your form to:
P.O. Box 64 Glens Falls, NY 12801
Your name will be added to the “I completed the Cycle Challenge” list, and the Certificate of Completion and a window sticker will be sent to you. Start Date is July 1, 2016. (any rides completed before that date will not be counted). There is no time limit for completion. Have fun ! Enjoy the rides!
“Challenge” Off-Road Rides to choose from:
- Gurney Lane Rec. Area, Queensbury – Trail 4 H.P. is a fun ride for beginners. May wish to add Trail 8, twitter. Distance = .6 miles. Beginners. (see website for map and parking)
- Gurney Lane Rec. Area, Queensbury – Trails 1, Deal With It and 5, Rogue. Distance = 1 +. Intermediate. (see website for map and parking)
- Gurney Lane Rec. Area, Queensbury – Tails 7, Tumbir; 3, Excalibur; 5, Rogue; and, 1 Deal with It. Distance = 1.5 miles. Advanced. While visiting the park, check map at entrance and consider other rides. (see website for map and parking)
- Rush Pond Way – Park at Rush Pond Way parking lot, across I-87 bridge from Warren County Municipal Center. Follow a gravel-covered path over some “Adirondack Bridges” with great views of Rush Pond. Distance = 4.6 miles round trip. Beginner to intermediate – beginners may have to walk a hill or two.
- Caroline Fish Memorial Trail, Dynamite Hill, Chestertown – Parking is on Landon Hill Rd., a short drive past main entrance on Rt. 8 at Dynamite Hill Rec. Area. Distances: Select trails from 11km. Beginner to intermediate. Enjoy shopping in Chestertown, especially the ice cream.
- Ski Bowl Loop at Ski Bowl Park in North Creek – Parking off Main St beside Johnsburg Town Hall x from Tannery Pond community Center. Shared use trail, 2-3 Ft. wide with bench cuts. Distance = 3 km. Beginners.
- Ski Bowl Park – Intermediate Loop. Take the Carol Thomas Trail under Rt. 28. 2 ‘ wide trail/natural surface. Distance = .7 km. Intermediate.
- Ski Bowl Park – Expert Trail – single track trail/natural surface. Sharp switch backs and challenging climbs. Distance = 2 km. Advanced.
- Feeder Canal Towpath Trail – I-87 Exit 18 East to Richardson St., right to parking lot. Trail access x bridge. Stone dust trail follows historic Feeder Canal and locks. See signs and pictures at Hudson Falls end. Continue (if desired) to Fort Edward and basin on Hudson. Distance = 9 miles one-way. Beginner ride with few hills. Watch for wash outs of stone dust at intersections. Shop in Queensbury, Glens Falls, Hudson Falls or Fort Edward. Check out lunch at restaurants and, of course, ice cream shops. To view map go to: Feeder Canal Bikeway Map
- Lake George Recreation Park Mt. Bike Trails – Exit 21, I-87, left on Rt. 9N to Transfer Rd. Go to top. Single and double track trails with natural surface. Distance = 4 + miles. Beginner – advanced.
- Coles Woods, Glens Falls – Behind YMCA on Glen St. (Rt.9), Glens Falls, NY. Natural trails through woods and on bridges over streams. Distance = over 5 miles of total trails. Beginner. One hill to push up. FUN!
- Hudson Pointe Nature Preserve – Exit 18, I-87, west on Sherman Ave. to Hudson Pointe Nature Preserve sign; Left on Hudson Pointe Dr. through development to parking area. Follow trail signs. Natural trails with some single track and some double track. Great views of Hudson River. Distances = 1 – 2 + miles pending trail conditions and your selection. Beginner to intermediate. One of the area’s best kept secrets.