After you finish each ride, add your completion date to the chart. After completing 8 rides (road rides, off-road rides or combination of both), send your form to:
P.O. Box 64
Glens Falls, NY 12801
Your name will be added to the “I completed the Cycle Challenge” list, and the Certificate of Completion and a window sticker will be sent to you. Start Date is July 1, 2016. (any rides completed before that date will not be counted). There is no time limit for completion. Have fun ! Enjoy the rides!
“Challenge” Road Rides to choose from
- Warren County Bikeway – Distance = 9 miles one way. Beginner to Intermediate (all ages ride this path successfully)
- Three Lakes Ride – This ride is a circle route that starts and finish at the Hub in Brant Lake. Travel either clockwise (preferred) or counter-clockwise. Distance = 32 miles. Intermediate.
- Schroon River Road to Schroon Lake – Start and finish at parking lot off I- 87, Exit 24. Ride north, crossing Rt. 8, to Schroon Lake boat launch – return. Distance = 15 miles. Beginner
- Lake George/Bay Rd./Warren County Bikeway Loop – Start on Beach Rd. in Lake George, left on 9L, ride to Rt. Bay Rd S, ride to Blind Rock Road in Queensbury, Right on Birdsall Rd.; left on Warren County Bikeway and return to Lake George. Distance = 20 miles. Beginner to Intermediate.
- Three Mountain Ride – Start and end at The Hub in Brant Lake. Distance = 43 miles. Advanced (some challenging climbs). Enjoy the views.
- Stony Creek Loop – Start and end in Lake George Village (or any village on map). Distance = 40 miles. Intermediate.
- Warren County/Washington County Loop – Park at Warren County Bikeway Parking lot off County Club Rd, Queensbury. From parking lot, right on Warren County Bikeway north; left on Country Club Rd.,right on Blind Rock Rd.; left on Bay Rd. to Route 9N. left on 9N along east side of Lake George. Right on Beach Rd.; left on Warren County Bikeway (see signs); follow bikeway back to Bikeway Parking Lot. Distance = 17.3 miles. Beginner to intermediate.
- Warrensburg/Chestertown Loop – start and finish in Warrensburg. Go North on Schroon River Road (at 4 Cors. Entering Warrensburg), bike to Rt. 8 and go west, take Rt. 9 south to Warrensburgh. Distance = 25 miles (+/-). Intermediate.
- Brant Lake Loop – Start and end at The Hub, Brant Lake. Distance = 17 miles. Beginner to intermediate. (watch for traffic on Rt. 8).
- Schroon Lake Loop – Start and end at Schroon Lake Boat Launch (or any place along Route). See map on website –resources. Distance = 26 miles. Intermediate. (Watch for traffic on Rt. 9).
- Queensbury/Champlain Canal (lock 9) Loop – Park at WA. Co. Bikeway parking lot off Country Club Road, Queensbury. Distance = 30 miles (+/-). Intermediate to advanced. Beautiful views. Pack a lunch and water.
Note: All rides start & end in Warren County. Some rides may include routes in bordering counties.