So let’s ALL give just a little more room to those around us as we enjoy the many trails, roads and highways that traverse Warren County. Remember, it takes two to share. Here are some great safety tips:
- Wear a properly fitted helmet and bright colors. Be visible, and use a blinking light at dawn and dusk.
- Know and obey traffic rules. Follow the same rules as motorists. Ride on the RIGHT.
- Ride in bicycle lanes and the street, NOT on the sidewalk.
- Obey traffic signs and signals and yield to pedestrians.
- Be cautious at intersections and stay about a car door’s width away from parked vehicles.
- Never wear headphones while riding.
- Ride SINGLE FILE on roads with traffic. BE PREDICTABLE.
- Use hand signals, eye contact, and communicate verbally.
- If you stop, move off the road and well out of the way of traffic.
WCSQBO Safety Card: Download and print the file for our own Safety Card, or get some actual cards from us or a local bike shop.
Visual Guide: Minneapolis Guide to Safe Riding.
Safety is a crucial aspect of Bicycling. Some websites of interest for you…